John is an author, story editor, and narrative consultant based out of New York City. He attends and conducts industry presentations of developing stage works, lending audience and storytelling expertise to Broadway companies. He provides narrative development services to film & TV writers and executives (AMC, Discovery, Meter TV, SVT1, R&D Productions, Pigasus Pictures, HC Productions).
He is also the creator of Midseason Media, a content curation hub that develops online educational channels to teach the craft and business of storytelling. Via Midseason, John currently produces SomehowFilm, WritersGift and CareerActor.
At Research Narrative… John operates as a focus group and workshop facilitator, audience feedback analyst, and storytelling curriculum developer —utilizing his background in psychology and communications, his extensive experience interpreting and incorporating audience feedback, and his expertise in his first and dearest love: the craft of storytelling. He is Editor and Co-Host of Research Narrative’s The THINKerry.
EDUCATION AND OTHER FUN STUFF!
- Three majors at Indiana University—English, Theatre, and Psychology.
- His play Wonderful is currently headed for Broadway.
- Has numerous additional shows, currently in development.
- Graduated from premier NYC acting conservatory, William Esper Studio.
- Completed the Kaiser Institute’s year-long, professional (“System 1”) INTUITION seminar; since, returned as Guest Speaker for their annual “Two Worlds” conference.
- He’s a famous TV personality…in Sweden, where he met his loving wife.
- For fun, he composes music. But hasn’t figured out what to do with it, yet. (another show?)