UX & ENTERTAINMENT SPECIALIST
John is an audience, consumer, and user experience specialist. He blends storytelling mastery with creative development research to drive success for Media and Entertainment companies. He incorporates UX research and user-centered design methods to drive innovation and growth for Tech, Telecom, and design teams.
A natural interviewer, ethnographer, and focus group moderator, John brings curiosity, empathy, and creativity to every engagement. He co-hosts the THINKerry podcast, he’s a member of QRCA, and he loves a good challenge.
+ John is an accomplished writer, dramatist, and storyteller. He has presented his plays, poetry, and fiction in NYC and many regional venues.
+ His career roots lie in providing Broadway, TV, and film production teams with story development, script editing, and iterative audience research.
+ He’s worked with executives and creatives across the Entertainment spectrum: AMC, Discovery, Meter TV, R&D Theatricals, Pigasus Pictures, NPR.
EDUCATION AND OTHER FUN STUFF!
- Certified in Human Centered Design (HCD) through Cornell University.
- BA in English, Theatre, and Psychology from Indiana University.
- Recipient of IU Theatre’s 2006 Faculty Memorial Award.
- William Esper Studio alumnus, New York City.
- Dramatists Guild of America member.
- Erstwhile reality TV star. Only in Sweden, though. It’s how he met his wife. (But no, not like on ABC’s The Bachelor).
- Before the pandemic, he had a play headed for Broadway. Ironically, it was a play about a pandemic.